Lately I've been questioning myself.. I'm always changing. I'm always learning. I'm always happy. I know who I am. I know who I want to become. My parents always described as the child who would "give my last penny, cookie, etc. for you": because I am that person. I will always give, but who is willing to give back?
I'm confident with my morals and values. I am very confident, indeed. No more questioning, Victoria. No more.
Quote that made my day, "If you're going to look back at it and laugh, why not laugh at it now?" Beautifully said.
I keep the special fortune cookies. 'THE EVENING WILL BRING ROMANCE' In caps just like that.. One day when I'm older and have a band, that will be its name :p and 'The entire sum of existence is being needed by just one other person' I thoroughly enjoy that one.
But I always told someone this, "Know the difference between friends and fans". Oddly enough, I get a fortune cookie that states: 'A fanatic is one who can't change his mind, and won't change the subject' Now you know what to look out for.
I've been drawing a lot lately.. and I'm proud. But, I'm not proud of how I'm using it for. New sketch book. I vowed to myself: Draw a detailed sketch at least once a day in graphite pencil. I will keep that promise, no matter what.
Why are we so obsessed with space research when we barely know the depths of our ocean floors? Did you know that scientists have researched only 6% of the ocean? That leaves 94% to be undiscovered! Who says that there can't be life underwater? It's impossible to live in space.. or is there life beyond us?
BBAC wants us to combine two artists and make a self portrait.. and my idea is slowly coming together with Audrey Kawasaki and Mark Barns I wanna do it up to the pelvic region. It'll be called "Missing Pearl"
This is an observational "self portrait". I had to draw myself in a reflective object that would distort my image. And on top of that I had to draw myself, drawing myself. Just take a second to read that again if you must.18"X8", colored pencil Don't mind the crappy editing, I scanned it and "edited" it on Paint; unfortunately, I don't have photoshop. :/
Today was another day at BBAC, in which we had a female model today. She was very skinny and red-headed. Not that that matters but, just stating the obvious. These were my favorite 30 second gesture drawings we had to do of her. Strictly as warm-up.
After our warm-up we got started on a "new" medium: Water Color and/or Indian Ink. She have us large water color paper to work on, and mini cut outs about 6"X6" to practice before the larger one. So I was just gonna mess around with the indian ink. This took me 30 minutes max and it happens to be my favorite. I call it Rorschach's Wife
On my second class at BBAC (8/19/10) we had to finish our nude model drawing. Thank gawd I did - but nothing is ever quite "good" enough in art. There's always something you can improve on.. which is crazy to even think about.
Someone scratching their butt and a larger, confident woman. I'm going to do the larger woman on a HUGE canvas probably 5X4 feet. She's going to be in light blue lacey underwear and a lacey brassiere to add some texture/detail. What should I do for the background though?
Hey family, friends, teachers, students, etc., I'm entering a chance to win my artwork on the cover of Creative Outlook Magzine. This contest will give me a greater opportunity to get myself out there as an artist, display a perfect resume, and a strong portfolio.